Sub-Hourly Modeling (for monitoring system performance) in SAM

• Umut Ece
More
26 Oct 2022 12:32 - 26 Oct 2022 15:03 #11604 by Umut Ece
Hi Paul,

I could import the TMY file with the 15-minute data in the SAM CSV format I created using the link you sent. However, I got a notice below when importing the CSV file with 1-minute data in SAM format. How could I solve this issue?

Best Regards,
Umut.
Last edit: 26 Oct 2022 15:03 by Paul Gilman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
26 Oct 2022 15:12 #11605 by Paul Gilman
Hi Umut,

That message indicates there is a problem in the formatting of the file. I assume that this is a SAM CSV file with solar resource data.

You could try running the Solar Resource File Checker macro (click Macros under the Simulate button to see a list of macros) to see if it provides any more useful information.

Otherwise, open the file in a spreadsheet program or text editor and use the format descriptions in Help to try to find the problem: samrepo.nrelcloud.org/help/weather_format.htm. For example, check the number of rows in the file: A file with one-minute data should have 8760 hours/year * 60 minutes/hour * 1 time step/minute = 525,600 time steps, plus 2 header rows and 1 column heading row.

You could also use the Solar Resource Interpolation macro to convert an hourly file to one-minute data to create an example of a one-minute data file that is correctly formatted, and then compare the resulting file with yours to see if you can find the problem that way.

If all of that fails, please attach a copy of your file and I will see if I can find the problem.

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Paul Gilman