We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

The input boiler pressure could not be achieved with the resource temperature entered

• cspchathu
  • Topic Author
More
02 Nov 2016 05:11 #4879 by cspchathu
Dear all,
Can any one help me on below issue?
I did a simulation putting inputs as described in the video given in www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuwAPdv_l8Q except the location and nameplate capacity.
When I do a parametric simulation, a waning message came as "Parametric #30: time 31251600.00 { Power Block 4 }:
The input boiler pressure could not be achieved with the resource temperature entered". Have I done any wrong thing?
My location was Sri Lanka (Hambanthota) and nameplate capacity was 10MW. Also in the parametric simulation, I selected design out put as a variable that varies from 1MW to 100MW.
And other thing is, can I give Design power out put as an input variable? If so, can we specify the plant capacity in power cycle tab?

Thank you,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
02 Nov 2016 21:30 #4880 by pgilman
Hello,

That error message indicates that for one time step SAM was unable to calculate the value of the input boiler pressure. If you only see a few of those messages per simulation, and your goal is to determine annual or monthly electrical output of the system, then you can probably ignore the message. The message may indicate a physical design problem, or a mathematical convergence problem with the model.

For the CSP models, the power cycle's nameplate capacity determines the system's nameplate capacity. If you use the solar multiple to specify the solar field size, then when you change the power cycle capacity, the model will change the solar field size accordingly.

Best regards,
Paul.

• Jessica Mello Kalbermatter
More
10 Apr 2017 20:03 #4881 by Jessica Mello Kalbermatter
Hello Paul!

I've been having the same problem above. When I run a normal simulation, I only see a few of those messages. However, when I run a parametric simulation to optimize the solar multiple, I see a lot of them.

Best,
Jessica

• pgilman
More
11 Apr 2017 20:52 #4882 by pgilman
Dear Jessica,

When you run a parametric simulation, SAM runs a simulation for each scenario that you specify. If you are running a parametric simulation for a range of values of solar multiple, and getting error messages for some values, that suggests that for those solar multiple values, the boiler pressure equations in the simulation are not converging.

You can explore that further by running a "normal" simulation for one of the solar multiple values that is causing the errors so you can see all of the simulation results.

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: pgilman