We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

Demand Data

• pgilman
  • Topic Author
More
12 Aug 2016 17:04 #4670 by pgilman
Demand Data was created by pgilman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• awilson@rockwellfinance.com
More
02 Oct 2017 00:31 #4671 by awilson@rockwellfinance.com
Replied by awilson@rockwellfinance.com on topic Demand Data
Where should one enter the kW peak demand? I am assuming that one would do so under Electric Load Data/Energy usage/Edit data... (kW). But the Load power field here already has very high kW values in every increment.

For background, I have entered the monthly kWh usage from the utility bill. I then clicked 'Normalize supplied load profile to monthly utility bill data.' After entering the monthly kWh values for each monthly of the year, SAM determines the Peak kW for each month. This Peak kW reading is lower than the peak kW readings from the utility bills.

Your guidance indicates that we should override the kW reading in the hourly load data so that the peak demand in each month is equal to that that actual value. But within this 8760 table, the kW readings are much higher.

Is this the right area? Do I need to scale up the actual kW reading so that SAM can adjust it upon normalization?

• pgilman
  • Topic Author
More
02 Oct 2017 22:21 #4672 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic Demand Data
Hello,

Remember that there is an underlying hourly (or subhourly) dataset in kW. When you enter monthly kWh values and click the Normalize button, SAM scales the underlying hourly data accordingly, and then displays the resulting maximum value for each month as the peak kW value.

Please see the Help topic for the Electric Load page for more details.

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: pgilman