Errors in financial side of SAM Report

• Kevin Scoles
  • Topic Author
More
14 Mar 2016 19:02 #4145 by Kevin Scoles
Errors in financial side of SAM Report was created by Kevin Scoles
Several of my students are getting errors in the Financial Model section of the SAM Report
[118]: reference to unassigned variable: str_ptc_es... (off screen)
[107]: error inside function call

I can track these down to a connection to financial incentives, but not a direct cause. In one case the students had incentivized the project to the point of creating a negative net capital cost. In another case, the incentive was large, but not enough to take the net capital cost negative. Can you point out the error source?

A source file, and report generator results for federal and state ITC (with error), and federal ITC only (no error) are attached.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
14 Mar 2016 23:09 #4146 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Errors in financial side of SAM Report
Hello,
Thank you for pointing that out -- there is an error in the script that generates the PDF report for PV systems.
The script fails under some conditions when there is a PTC. To fix the issue, please download this pv.samreport file and replace the one in your SAM installation. In Windows, the file is in C:/SAM/2015.6.30/runtime/report. To find the file on a Mac, please see  this description of how to display the package contents.)
Note that this issue is not resolved in the brand new version of SAM we just released today (SAM 2016.3.14). We will update the report in that version soon.
Best regards,

Paul.

• Kevin Scoles
  • Topic Author
More
15 Mar 2016 00:50 #4147 by Kevin Scoles
Replied by Kevin Scoles on topic Errors in financial side of SAM Report
Hi Paul, Sorry but I don't see an attached file.

• Paul Gilman
More
15 Mar 2016 15:05 #4148 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Errors in financial side of SAM Report
Sorry about that. We were having server problems yesterday that have been resolved now. The term "pv.samreport file" in my response above should be a link to download the file.

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: Paul Gilman