absorption chiller

• ahmed abdelrazik
  • Topic Author
More
12 Feb 2016 17:10 #4064 by ahmed abdelrazik
absorption chiller was created by ahmed abdelrazik
i need to construct four 2 stage absorption chiller with approximately 380 ton refrigeration each ?
also how can i change the generator of dish stirling to Permanent magnet synchronous generator?
i need to know the temperature output of the dish stirling?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
12 Feb 2016 17:37 #4065 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic absorption chiller
Hello,

SAM's dish Stirling model was developed to model electric power generation systems. The Stirling engine model calculates the conversion of thermal power to electrical power, so it is not possible to isolate the generator component of the engine.

Best regards,
Paul.

• ahmed abdelrazik
  • Topic Author
More
13 Feb 2016 16:24 #4066 by ahmed abdelrazik
Replied by ahmed abdelrazik on topic absorption chiller
Hello,

what about the absorption chiller?
i need to know the generator used if it's either induction generator or PMSG?
what if i need to construct a thermal storage for a dish stirling it is not existing in the default SAM?

• Paul Gilman
More
15 Feb 2016 17:25 #4067 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic absorption chiller
Hello,
SAM only models electric power generation systems, so it does not include a model for absorption chillers. For the CSP models, you can use the thermal output of the solar collector or receiver as input to a separate model outside of SAM. SAM does not model the generator explicitly. The model is based on a system with an induction generator with a conversion efficiency of about 95%. For details about SAM's dish Stirling model, please see Fraser (2008), available for download on the Performance Model Documentation page of this website, under "Dish Stirling":
sam.nrel.gov/performance ;
Best regards,

Paul.

Moderators: Paul Gilman