Contents of Azimuth-Altitude Shading Table

• Kevin Scoles
  • Topic Author
More
05 Feb 2016 16:19 #4047 by Kevin Scoles
Contents of Azimuth-Altitude Shading Table was created by Kevin Scoles
I need to clarify how to represent a fully-shaded azimuth-altitude pair in the shading table. I am generating the file in a spreadsheet from data collected with the Theodolite iOS app, and importing as CSV. The instructions say the contents should be the percentage of shading. Do I enter that as 0 - 100, or 0 - 1? An unshaded entry is 0? Is there a sample file or even a screen capture I could get access to? I’ve tried several permutations, and none produce the results in the POS Results After Shading that I would have expected.

Unfortunately the Add a new file function below is not working (no error message provided, SAM 2015.1.30 Mac OS) or I would get you my SAM and CSV files.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
05 Feb 2016 18:57 #4048 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Contents of Azimuth-Altitude Shading Table
Hello,
You should enter values between zero and 100, with zero being unshaded and 100% being fully shaded. You can find more details in SAM's Help system (click the Help button in the Edit Shading Data window).
If you continue having trouble, please [url=mailto:sam.support@nrel.gov?subject=PV%20Shading%20Files%20from%20Support%20Forum t=_self]email me your files[/url], and I'll try to help.
Best regards,

Paul.

• Kevin Scoles
  • Topic Author
More
07 Feb 2016 23:42 #4049 by Kevin Scoles
Replied by Kevin Scoles on topic Contents of Azimuth-Altitude Shading Table
Thanks for the quick response. I made a few changes, but the most important I think was correcting the order of the altitude angle column in my spreadsheet. I had mine decreasing instead of increasing. The irradiance is dropping right where I expected it to now, so I think I’m OK.

Moderators: Paul Gilman