Exchange settings (file names and variables) get cleared after

• NavidS
  • Topic Author
More
14 Dec 2015 15:54 #3968 by NavidS
Dear Paul,

I have successfully used the exchnage feature of SAM before for CSP models. Currently, I am trying to use it for PV models and it works fine till I save and close my SAM model. When I reopen the SAM file all the exchange settings, including file name and variables are cleared.
Can you please let me know what the issue is. I am using version 2015..06.30.

Also, I cannot locate user parameters (that existed previously) in this versio od SAM.

Thanks for your help,
Navid

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
14 Dec 2015 21:10 #3969 by Paul Gilman
Dear Navid,

"User-defined variables" are not available in the current version of SAM. You can only exchange data between Excel and SAM for SAM inputs.

There does seem to be a problem Excel Exchange with SAM 2015.6.30. We are investigating, and I will follow up when I learn more.

Thank you for pointing out this problem.

If you are comfortable with scripting, you may want to consider using LK script to read data from the Excel file. That approach gives you more control than Excel Exchange, but requires some effort to learn SAM's LK scripting language.

Best regards,
Paul.

• Paul Gilman
More
15 Dec 2015 16:19 #3970 by Paul Gilman
We have identified and fixed the bug that caused the problems you found with Excel Exchange not saving settings in SAM 2015.6.30. Those will be fixed in the next version of SAM, which we hope to release within the first few weeks of 2016.

Thanks again for telling us about this problem.

Best regards,
Paul.

• NavidS
  • Topic Author
More
17 Dec 2015 14:26 #3971 by NavidS
Thanks Paul! Superb service. really apprecite it.

Moderators: Paul Gilman