NOCT Parameter inputs in Parametric Analysis

• clarknd
  • Topic Author
More
26 Oct 2015 19:38 #3869 by clarknd
Paul,

It appears that mounting standoff and array height do not get changed when I set them to different values in a parametric analysis. It seems that whatever the setting is in the module tab is what is applied across the board in a parametric analysis.

Best,

Nathan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
26 Oct 2015 22:21 #3870 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic NOCT Parameter inputs in Parametric Analysis
Hi Nathan,
It looks like the "Mounting standoff" and "Array height" inputs for the CEC module model are not available for parametric simulations. I'm not sure how you are changing their values in the parametric inputs. Would you mind [url=mailto:sam.support@nrel.gov?subject=PV%20mounting%20standoff%20as%20parametric%20input t=_self]emailing me[/url] a copy of your file so I can see exactly how you set it up?
You could work around this issue by writing an LK script to do the parametric runs.
I will update the user interface to make those variables available as parametric inputs for the next version of SAM.
Best regards,

Paul.

• clarknd
  • Topic Author
More
27 Oct 2015 12:49 #3871 by clarknd
Replied by clarknd on topic NOCT Parameter inputs in Parametric Analysis
Paul Thanks for pointing that out. Looks like they are available for the CEC User Specified model but not the CEC Module Database. Could those variables just as easily be added to the parametric input set?

• Paul Gilman
More
27 Oct 2015 16:20 #3872 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic NOCT Parameter inputs in Parametric Analysis
Hi Nathan,

The reason we did not make the "NOCT method parameters" available as parametric inputs for the CEC Performance Model with Module Database option is that those parameters only work when the NOCT/Heat transfer method radio buttons are set to NOCT method, and, unless you are paying careful attention, it would be easy to forget to set the radio button to the correct position because you cannot see them from the Parametric setup page.

For the CEC Performance Model with User Entered Specifications option, only the NOCT method is available, so we made the NOCT parameters available as parametric inputs.

Can you do your analysis with the CEC model with user specifications? We can make the NOCT parameters for the CEC model with database inputs too, but want to minimize the chance for confusion.

Thanks,
Paul.

Moderators: Paul Gilman