Data points showing PPA rate + outstanding utility bill (demand, fixed charges, etc.) vs utility bill without solar

• schmidly
  • Topic Author
More
21 Oct 2015 23:32 #3849 by schmidly
Paul, is there a way in the data section after running the simulation to tabularly show the PPA rate + all outstanding charges like demand charges, fixed charges, etc., as one number and/or as separate numbers that I can add together in Excel? I'd like to compare this combined number with a customer's utility bill without solar over the lifetime of the PPA term. Please advise when convenient. Thanks in advance, Brian S.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
22 Oct 2015 20:26 #3850 by Paul Gilman
Hi Brian,
The current version of SAM (2015.6.30) does not do that very well because it only shows some of the values in the monthly results (on Data tab of the Results page). We're working to improve that for the next version.
For example, here is a sneak peak at what the monthly data looks like in our internal test version for a Commercial PV case with a fairly compicated rate structure with no net metering. As I hope you can see (sorry for the small image), the "Utility bill" value is the sum of the various charges. We're working on ths now, so if you have any suggestions for values you would like to see, this is a great time to ask! 

Thanks,

Paul.

• schmidly
  • Topic Author
More
26 Oct 2015 19:05 #3851 by schmidly
Paul, thanks for sharing the screen shot. Looks great. Then, in the upcoming version/release, can you include the PPA and lease rates over time as they escalate per our inputs? That way, we can look at what the total 'all-in' cost would be for a potential customer meaning the PPA or lease amount, the fixed charges, the variable TOU charges that the solar/storage doesn't cover, and the demand charges after solar/storage. Then, the obvious comparison would be to do nothing or the utility bill without solar/storage. This would make our analysis go faster. Your thoughts?

- Brian

• schmidly
  • Topic Author
More
26 Oct 2015 21:39 #3852 by schmidly
Paul, I think it would be great to also show inverter and battery replacement costs as well as part of the data shown after a PPA or lease simulation. Thanks, Brian

Moderators: Paul Gilman