Model for Dish Stirling System

• Simpla
  • Topic Author
More
21 Oct 2015 11:39 #3847 by Simpla
Model for Dish Stirling System was created by Simpla
Hi,

Im doing a research in a novel equipment that will be installed in Brazil. Its a CSP from INNOVA, Trinum - Solar dish stirling system that produces electrical and thermal energy for residencial application:

www.innova.co.it/eng/catalog/products/trinum.html

In the next weeks I'll build the Trinum model to simulating in SAM software but there is lack of information from Trinum's datasheet.

So I would like to know if there is some kind of default values to use in the simulation.

For now, I'm interested just in estimating the annual energy production. Is there any parameter that is not relevant?

Thanks

Roberto Simplicio

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
21 Oct 2015 17:58 #3848 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Model for Dish Stirling System
Dear Roberto,
SAM's dish Stirling model is based on empirical data from the Stirling Energy Systems designs, and so may be limited in its ability to model the systems you are researching. You can use the model to do some preliminary investigation. You may want to read the description of the model in the Fraser 2008 thesis "Stirling Dish System Performance Prediction Model." You can find a link to download the paper in SAM's Help system or on the Performance Model Documentation page of this website.
Best regards,

Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Paul Gilman