Modeling IAM losses in SAM

• gonecrawfishin
More
25 Apr 2016 12:52 #3827 by gonecrawfishin
Replied by gonecrawfishin on topic Modeling IAM losses in SAM
Does this mean that I cannot input IAM parameters unique to my specific module? The CEC model in SAM uses the same IAM equation for all PV modules?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
25 Apr 2016 18:12 #3828 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic Modeling IAM losses in SAM
That is correct. The CEC photovoltaic module model in SAM uses the same set of IAM coefficients for all modules.

SAM's IEC 61853 module model allows you to enter your own set of IAM coefficients.

Best regards,
Paul.

• willhobbs
More
30 May 2024 21:35 #13220 by willhobbs
Replied by willhobbs on topic Modeling IAM losses in SAM
Hi Paul,

I've been searching around on IAM stuff (see github.com/NREL/SAM/issues/1781 and github.com/NREL/SAM/issues/326) and came across this old forum thread. 

SAM's IEC 61853 module model allows you to enter your own set of IAM coefficients.

Should that be air mass modifier (spectral response) coefficients? For IAM, I only see the drop-down for selecting from two module covers (AR coating and standard glass).

Thanks!

Will

• pgilman
More
03 Jun 2024 20:13 - 03 Jun 2024 20:14 #13229 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic Modeling IAM losses in SAM
Hi Will,

You are correct. The IEC 68153 Single Diode model has inputs for the air mass modifiers, which are coefficients to the Sandia polynomial model for air mass described in King, D.L.; Gonzalez, S.; Galbraith, G.M.; and Boyson, W.E. (2007). "Performance Model for Grid Connected Inverters." 47 pp.; Sandia Report No. 2007-5036. ( PDF 1.3 MB ).

It does not have inputs for IAM coefficients.

Best regards,
Paul.
Last edit: 03 Jun 2024 20:14 by pgilman.

Moderators: pgilman