Electric Load in CSP Power Tower molten salt?

• F.Haag
  • Topic Author
More
05 Oct 2015 08:15 #3781 by F.Haag
Hello,
is there a way to implement an electric load into the CSP Power Tower (molten salt) model?
Thanks a lot!
Florian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
05 Oct 2015 16:39 #3782 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Electric Load in CSP Power Tower molten salt?
Dear Florian,

No. The commercial financial model is not available for SAM's power tower models. What kind of system are you trying to model?

Best regards,
Paul.

• F.Haag
  • Topic Author
More
06 Oct 2015 15:03 #3783 by F.Haag
Thank you for the prompt reply.

Well, actually I want to make a comparison between CSP-Tower, CSP-Trough and PV+Storage with different load shapes in different locations, using different solar multiples and storage sizes.

Is there really no other way to control the power output during the day in SAM's power tower models?

I have also some questions to SAM's PV+storage model. Can I ask them here or should I open a new topic?

Thanks and regards,

Florian

• Paul Gilman
More
06 Oct 2015 16:38 #3784 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Electric Load in CSP Power Tower molten salt?
Dear Florian,
SAM's commercial financial model is for grid-connected distributed energy systems where the system is on the customer side of the utility meter and electricity from the system reduces purchases of electricity from the grid to meet a building or facility's load. 
For the CSP models, you can use the "Dispatch Control" inputs on the Thermal Storage page to determine the timing of discharges of energy from storage.
As for your PV Storage questions, you can ask them here or start a new thread. You may want to read the following threads first:
Battery charged by PV, option for DC-connected battery in 2015.06.30
Battery Charging VERY high Values 6353kW for 20 kWh Battery
Battery Storage in a "sell all" scenario
Battery to Load Power
Battery Financials
Best regards,

Paul.

Moderators: Paul Gilman