Menu Bar text Missing in Linux version

• Angus King
  • Topic Author
More
05 Oct 2015 01:58 #3777 by Angus King
Menu Bar text Missing in Linux version was created by Angus King
I'm running the Linux version of SAM on a laptop and the menu bar text is missing. The Windows version is fine and the Linux version is fine on my desktop but not the laptop. The menu appears to be there as I can mouse-click in the correct screen location to bring up options. I did change the desktop font size so maybe this affected things. I've attached two screen shots one for Windows and one for Linux

Kind regards

AnGus

I've edited this to add a few more screen shots...

Paul

Changed things back on my laptop but still no good on that platform. I've sent 3 screenshots which might help with debugging the problem - it's not of any urgency to me as I have my desktop version which is fine. The three screenshots are:

sam_linux_open.png is the opening screen on the laptop. I've highlighted in red "circles" what seems to remain in the second screenshot
sam_linux_nok.png is the second screen on the laptop. It shows where the "hangover" from the opening screen and the style of scrollbar for the resource file selection
sam_linux_ok.png is the second screen from my desktop showing the different scrollbar (plus the menu text I don't see)

I hope this might help in solving this glitch.

Kind regards

Angus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
05 Oct 2015 16:37 #3778 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Menu Bar text Missing in Linux version
Hi AnGus,

Did you try changing the Ubuntu theme to "High Constrast?" That solves the SAM user interface issues on my computer. You can change the theme in Ubuntu's System Settings, under Appearance.

Best regards,
Paul.

• Angus King
  • Topic Author
More
07 Oct 2015 14:56 #3779 by Angus King
Replied by Angus King on topic Menu Bar text Missing in Linux version
Paul

I tried all the themes and no change. I'll see if I can find what I changed on my laptop, change it back to the default, and give a clue as to the problem.

Kind regards

AnGus

• Angus King
  • Topic Author
More
13 Oct 2015 14:56 #3780 by Angus King
Replied by Angus King on topic Menu Bar text Missing in Linux version
See comments added to initial post - to add in some more screenshots.

Moderators: Paul Gilman