OpenEI Tariff Addition & Modification Process and Authorization

• Tom.Harris
  • Topic Author
More
02 Oct 2015 14:05 #3770 by Tom.Harris
Greetings: I notice SAM uses OpenEI for its tariff database (dB). I go to OpenEI where it tells me after registering I can add/modify tariffs. Once I register the option to modify tariffs is removed. I go to the OpenEI:About web page to ask about why the option to modify tariffs is gone and I am directed to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

I am a serious tariff analyst from Arizona using SAM for current (and AZ Public Service (APS) proposed) tariffs. It would be great to have an accurate and complete tariff set (APS ECT-2 is not currently in the set) for currently approved and proposed tariffs (think demand based residential tariffs). Can I either be qualified to enter tariffs into the OpenEI dB (of course with appropriate review and oversite) OR have a (quick and efficient) mechanism to ensure the OpenEI dB is complete and accurate?

Respectfully,
Tom Harris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
02 Oct 2015 18:10 #3771 by Paul Gilman
Dear Tom,
Thank you for the feedback. I will share it with the OpenEI team. I think there was a change of policy regarding user participation in maintaining the database, but will confirm and get back to you when I learn more.
For now, you can keep your own database of tariffs to use with SAM. On the Electricity Rates page you can use the Save rate to file and Load rate from file buttons to create and use CSV files that store tariff data.
Best regards,

Paul.

• Tom.Harris
  • Topic Author
More
03 Oct 2015 11:28 #3772 by Tom.Harris
HI Paul,
Thanks for fast response and support to this forum. Obviously quality and extent of the posted tariffs is very important. If users can't add/update tariffs (I do understand why this would be the case) a mechanism to have them kept current and complete should be in place.

Yes I am already using the self created tariff function.

Tom

• jayhuggins
More
05 Oct 2015 17:27 #3773 by jayhuggins
Hi Tom,

I am an OpenEI developer and the admin for the URDB. We do restrict the users who may contribute and edit rates, but it appears that you would be a helpful contributor so I've approved you as an editor of the URDB. If you have any problems let me know.

Thanks,
Jay

• Tom.Harris
  • Topic Author
More
06 Oct 2015 13:42 #3774 by Tom.Harris
Hi Jay,
Looks like I was able to get into the "add tariff" area. Didn't have time to properly add a tariff this AM but will let you know after I completed my first.
Tom

• Tom.Harris
  • Topic Author
More
07 Oct 2015 14:30 #3775 by Tom.Harris
Hi Jay,
It did update the APS residential TOU Super peak tariff (ET-SP). I corrected the peak use times. They were 3-6AM when they should have been 3-6PM. I updated the $/kWh values and posted the link to the actual tariff. All my work is based on directly transcribing the posted tariff. Tom (PS I noticed you touched the file earlier this year)

Moderators: Paul Gilman