Start turbine energy

• rid7043
  • Topic Author
More
18 Aug 2015 15:25 #3636 by rid7043
Start turbine energy was created by rid7043
Dear Paul,

I have two different doubts:

-SAM simulates with hourly data, this period can be reduce. I have weather data every 30 minutes so it would be more accurate to simulate with this resolution.
-During the startup time of the turbine the cycle power input is the nominal value while really it only absorbed a fraction of it during a period of time. What does SAM do with the excess of energy?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
18 Aug 2015 16:03 #3637 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Start turbine energy
Hello,
SAM runs with hourly or sub-hourly (up to one-minute) weather data. I'm not sure which of the CSP models you are using.
For a detailed description of the startup calculation in the Physical Trough model, please see Section 3.4.2 of the physical trough reference manual, which you can find on the Performance Model Documentation page.
Best regards,

Paul.

• rid7043
  • Topic Author
More
20 Aug 2015 11:31 #3638 by rid7043
Replied by rid7043 on topic Start turbine energy
Hello Paul, I' using a Molten salt tower model, and I have I have data each 30 minutes.
When I run the simulation with this file, the results are displaced and each day has half of the meteorological data.
Do I have to change something in the configuration of the program? Where?

Thanks

• Paul Gilman
More
20 Aug 2015 16:26 #3639 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Start turbine energy
Hello,
Are you using the SAM CSV format for the weather data? SAM determines the time step from the number of rows in the weather data file, so you do not need to change anything in your case.
Please feel free to [url=mailto:sam.support@nrel.gov?subject=Files%20from%20SAM%20support t=_self]email me[/url] your .sam file and weather file (or attach it to your original question above by editing it) and I'll try to help you troubleshoot.
Best regards,

Paul.

Moderators: Paul Gilman