electric net power

• Saeed aziz
  • Topic Author
More
09 Aug 2015 11:23 #3621 by Saeed aziz
electric net power was created by Saeed aziz
Paul,

When i simulate for example a CSP plant of gross power 55 Mwe or net electric power of 50 Mwe , the annual profile for cycle electric power output net is very low that required.
for example. csp of 50 Mwe and thermal storage of 7.5 hrs in aswan of solar irradiation at design of 910 W/M2
for jan 11.69 Mwe
for jun 23.9328 max
for dec 10.827

so what si the reason for that and if we need total capacity per year is 50 Mwe , what are inputs required?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
10 Aug 2015 21:36 #3622 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic electric net power
Dear Saeed,

I assume you are asking about the physical trough model.

Perhaps the solar field is not large enough? Are you using the solar multiple to specify the field size -- doing so can help ensure that the solar field scales with the power cycle capacity.

Best regards,
Paul.

• Saeed aziz
  • Topic Author
More
11 Aug 2015 10:11 #3623 by Saeed aziz
Replied by Saeed aziz on topic electric net power
i really little confused about solar multiple, physically what is meaning of solar multiple factor? and indeed i used physical trough model with solar field 510,120 m2. i want to make a comparison between Andasol plant of 50 Mwe and aswan of 50 Mwe using the same solar field area.

• Paul Gilman
More
11 Aug 2015 16:40 #3624 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic electric net power
In CSP systems, the solar multiple is a way to specify the solar field area as a multiple of the power cycle nameplate capacity. By definition a solar multiple of one is the solar field area required under reference conditions to deliver sufficient thermal energy to the power cycle to drive it at its nameplate capacity.

For a detailed discussion of the solar multiple, please see the topic "Solar Multiple" in SAM's Help system, under "Parabolic Trough."

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: Paul Gilman