Decimal places for Third Party Ownership model (Solar PV)

• schmidly
  • Topic Author
More
17 Jul 2015 16:52 #3544 by schmidly
Paul,

I need to use three decimal places for the First Year PPA price under Financial Parameters in your Solar PA model. However, it looks like I'm only able to use two/or only two places are showing up. If I type, for example, $.084 $/kWh and it shows up as .08 $/kWh, will the economic/NPV model run on the former or the latter - if that makes sense? Thanks in advance, Brian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
20 Jul 2015 17:11 #3545 by Paul Gilman
Hi Brian,
Thanks for pointing out this limitation. Unfortunately, in the example you give, SAM uses 0.8 rather than 0.84. We'll fix that in the next update.
UPDATE (AUG 20 2015): SAM 2015.6.30 r2 FIXES THE DECIMAL POINTS ISSUE. HOWEVER, THE "TERMS OF AGREEMENT" INPUTS ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR PARAMETRIC AND STOCHASTIC SIMULATIONS. PLEASE FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS TO FIX THAT ISSUE.
In the meantime, you can use these instructions replace the user interface file for that page:

1. Download the user interface file for the third party ownership financial parameters page ( UI 4.77 KB ).

2. If SAM is running, close it.

3. Replace the file with the same name in your SAM installation: /runtime/ui/Financial Third Party Ownership.ui

In Windows, by default, the file is in C:/SAM/2015.6.30/runtime/ui.

In OS X, to find the file, start the Finder, and control-click the SAM app to show package contents and find the file under Contents.

4. Start SAM, and create or open a third party ownership project. You should now be able to enter as many digits as you like for the PPA price.
Sorry about that!
Best regards,

Paul.

• schmidly
  • Topic Author
More
21 Jul 2015 15:20 #3546 by schmidly
As always, thanks Paul for sending me the fix. It works perfectly. All the best, Brian

• Paul Gilman
More
20 Aug 2015 19:54 #3547 by Paul Gilman
There is one more problem with the Third Party Ownership model inputs (as of August 20, 2015, SAM 2015.6.30 r2) -- the inputs for the lease price and escalation rate, and for PPA price and escalation rate are not available for parametric or stochastic simulations. To make those variables available, follow the instructions in my Reply #2 above to replace the UI file for the third party ownership Financial Parameters input page.

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: Paul Gilman