Error Message When Printing Report

• mhdraper
  • Topic Author
More
16 Jul 2015 01:55 #3529 by mhdraper
Error Message When Printing Report was created by mhdraper
Paul,

SAM version 2015.6.30

Received the following message each time I print a report, after simulating a case.

SAM ERROR

Failed to open URL"file.//Users/mhdraper/Documents/PS Systems Design and Economic Analysis/SAM - working projects/(name of file I'm printing).pdf in default browser (error 0:Undefined error:0)

Software appears to be looking for location of my working files used with this software.

Note each file is stored to my documents for later printing but this error message doesn't add up.

Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
16 Jul 2015 17:48 #3530 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Error Message When Printing Report
Hi Mike,

When you generate a report in SAM, it creates and saves a PDF file on your computer, and then tries to open it with whatever application on your computer is set to open PDF files by default. That error message means that SAM could not open the PDF file for some reason, but you should still be able to find the file and open it yourself.

One possible cause of the error is that the .pdf file extension is not associated with an application on your computer.

Could you email me a screenshot of the actual error so we can see the full path?

Best regards,
Paul.

• schmidly
More
16 Jul 2015 19:28 #3531 by schmidly
Replied by schmidly on topic Error Message When Printing Report
I've been getting this same error message, too, since the November release of SAM. I'm using Mac OS X Yosemite. Thanks, Brian

• mhdraper
  • Topic Author
More
16 Jul 2015 22:07 #3532 by mhdraper
Replied by mhdraper on topic Error Message When Printing Report
Paul,

Added screenshot to my original message. Note, I have been using MAC OS X Yosemite since the first of the year; now version 10.10.4. This is the first time I've received this message. I'll also check Adobe reader and ensure it is linked to all *.pdf files.

Thanks,

Mike -

• Paul Gilman
More
17 Jul 2015 15:51 #3533 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Error Message When Printing Report
Mike and Brian,

Thanks for providing screenshots. We're investigating.

Mike: It looks like your file name has a colon in it. Do you get the error without the colon?

Thanks,
Paul.

• mhdraper
  • Topic Author
More
17 Jul 2015 18:14 #3534 by mhdraper
Replied by mhdraper on topic Error Message When Printing Report
Paul,

The punctuation I used in my file naming was "w/" as an abbreviation for "with". Not sure why it shows up as a colon in the error message. Removing punctuation does not solve error message. But the PDF file is still stored in the appropriate location on my hard drive.

Thanks.

Mike -

Moderators: Paul Gilman