custom solar field and thermal energy storage heat transfer fluids for Molten salt tower model

• smostafavi
  • Topic Author
More
17 Jun 2015 04:29 #3441 by smostafavi
Hi Paul,

I've come across this statement for the new SAM release stating:
"Models work with custom solar field and thermal energy storage heat transfer fluids. (The models will calculate incorrect results with a custom fluid for both the field and storage. This issue will be resolved in the next version of SAM.)"

I wonder if this is just an issue with Molten Salt Linear Fresnel and Physical Trough models? I'm working with Molten salt tower models and I want to change the specification of salts as the HTF (I may consider different HTFs). So do previous versions and the new version calculate incorrect results for the tower models?

Regards;

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
19 Jun 2015 15:33 #3442 by Paul Gilman
Yes. This issue applies to all of SAM's CSP models including the molten salt power tower model and should be resolved in the next version of SAM, which we plan to release at then end of this month (June 2015).

Best regards,
Paul.

• Antonio Cazorla
More
07 Jul 2015 15:03 #3443 by Antonio Cazorla
Hello. Is this issue already solved? I have read the Release Notes about the new version (SAM 2015.6.30) and I couldn't find anything about it. Thank you

Best regards,
Antonio.

• Paul Gilman
More
07 Jul 2015 21:22 #3444 by Paul Gilman
Dear Antonio,

Yes. Custom HTFs for the CSP models should work in SAM 2015.6.30.

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: Paul Gilman