We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

P50/P90 weather files

• spelland74
  • Topic Author
More
22 May 2015 18:00 #3371 by spelland74
P50/P90 weather files was created by spelland74
Hello,

I am thinking of using the P50/P90 analysis in SAM, and wanted to test it out. Could you point me to the location of the sample files that are already downloaded? Note: I also tried going to the link that is given in the help pages, en.openei.org/datasets/node/872, but didn't find the data there.

Best regards,
Sophie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
22 May 2015 21:18 #3372 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic P50/P90 weather files
Dear Sophie,
The information in that Help topic is out of date. Sorry about that. I need to update the copy of Help that is on this website. The information in the Help that comes with SAM is up to date.
You can download NSRDB 1961-1990 historical data for locations in the United States to test the P50/P90 feature. Each link on that page is to a ZIP file that contains a set of thirty weather files, one for each year from 1961 to 1990. To use the files with SAM, extract the files to a folder, and then go to the P50/P90 page in SAM and select that folder for the P50/P90 runs. See the instrucions in the SAM Help system for more details.
Best regards,
Paul.

• spelland74
  • Topic Author
More
22 May 2015 22:27 #3373 by spelland74
Replied by spelland74 on topic P50/P90 weather files
Hello Paul,

Thanks for your quick and helpful reply, I'll give it a try!

Sophie

• spelland74
  • Topic Author
More
23 May 2015 00:23 #3374 by spelland74
Followup: I was able to run the P50/P90 analysis. I was wondering: is it possible to access results from individual years, or only the P50/P90 statistics? (My goal was actually to get individual year results).

• pgilman
More
26 May 2015 22:07 #3375 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic P50/P90 weather files
Dear Sophie,
It is not possible to view results from individual years for P50/P90 simulations. You could write an LK script to run the simulations and store results to a CSV file.
For example, we've posted a sample script that shows how to run simulations for a set of weather files stored in a folder, and others that show how to work with CSV files or display data in the time series data viewer.
Best regards,

Paul.

• spelland74
  • Topic Author
More
03 Jun 2015 00:31 #3376 by spelland74
Thanks Paul,

The sample script is a very useful tool (I just tried it out with the sample data that you provide). I will definitely have to familiarize myself with the LK scripting - a nice feature!

Sophie

Moderators: pgilman