Financial models in Europe

• RaquelF
  • Topic Author
More
12 Mar 2015 12:02 #3159 by RaquelF
Financial models in Europe was created by RaquelF
Hi!
I'm trying to simulate the outputs and characteristics in a pv system.
I would like to know if it is possible to apply the financial models to Europe, not only because of the units (i need it in €) but also because of the own models. I.e, can i change any option to apply the models to the European characteristics?

I have also another question, is it possible to calculate the optimum angle and azimuth to best fit a certain demand profile? I know that with the parametric simulation i can find the best combination of the two parameters using the energy they provide for example, but i wanted to extract the combination that provide the best correlation between the energy produzed and the energy that is being absorbed.

Thank you very much!
Raquel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
12 Mar 2015 21:30 #3160 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Financial models in Europe
Dear Raquel,

It is not possible to change the currency units (or any other units) in SAM.

Can you give some examples of financial parameters that you'd like to see in SAM that are missing? Some of the tax assumptions are specific to the United States, but we hope that the model is general enough to represent financial structures around the world.

As for optimizing the photovoltaic array's orientation, parametric simulations is one way to do that. I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to do -- could you explain more how you want the optimization to work?

Best regards,
Paul.

• Bruce Wu
More
14 Mar 2015 02:04 #3161 by Bruce Wu
Replied by Bruce Wu on topic Financial models in Europe
Hi RaquelF,
Regarding the optimum angle and azimuth, you mean just like the PVsyst maybe?

Moderators: Paul Gilman