We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

Need help to include files into lirary for a MAC based system

• Mithras CSP
  • Topic Author
More
23 Feb 2012 13:27 #322 by Mithras CSP
Hello Paul !

thanks for your help regarding the library entries and your hint regarding the IAM !
For a colleague of mine who is working on a MAC based system, we are facing now a problem that we cannot enter new files in the library and climate-date folder prior to import them to SAM.
Do you have an idea what we are doing wrong ??
Are the folders in the MAC version of SAM write protected or simmilar ?

Thanks again !

Kind Regards,

Marc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
27 Feb 2012 17:38 #323 by pgilman
On Mac OS, SAM stores its application files in the following folder:

.../SAM.app/Contents/MacOS/exelib

For example, the weather data files are in the following folder

SAM.app/Contents/MacOS/exelib/climate_files

When you use the TMY3 Creator, the first step is to open a "base TMY3 file," but when you try to do that on a Mac, SAM looks in a different folder that causes an error. To work around this problem, copy the TMY3 file(s) you want to use as the base file from the climate_files folder to a new folder that you can easily find. Then on the Climate page, click Add/Remove, and add the folder to the list of folders SAM searches for weather files. Now when you use the TMY3 Creator, load the base TMY3 file from that folder instead of the default folder that causes the error.

Similarly, the libraries are stored in .samlib files in the following folder

SAM.app/Contents/MacOS/exelib/libraries

To modify a library, first copy its .samlib file to a folder you can find, and then use the Library Editor to navigate to that copy of the file.

I realize those instructions may be confusing, so please let me know if you need clarification.

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: pgilman