PV Report Generator Issue

• Paul Gilman
  • Topic Author
More
10 Feb 2015 20:09 #3059 by Paul Gilman
PV Report Generator Issue was created by Paul Gilman
If you are using the detailed photovoltaic model in SAM 2015.1.30 with the CEC Performance Model with User Entered Specifications option on the Module page, the report generator displays an error message instead of performance model data.
UPDATE MAY 29, 2015: This revised report template also fixes an issue with the photovoltaic report when you generate it from a case using the Sandia PV Array Performance Model with Module Database.
You do not need to fix the problem if you use the CEC Performance Model with Module Database or the other module options.
This solution also fixes a small problem with how the report displays the annual global horizonal radiation value when your weather file only contains direct normal and diffuse horizontal data.
To fix the problem in SAM 2015.1.30, replace the PV report template in your SAM installation with this one ( SAMREPORT 12 KB ):

1. If SAM is running on your computer, save your work and close SAM.

2. Download the report template from the link above.

3. In your SAM installation folder, go to runtime\reports and replace the pv.samreport file with the one you downloaded.
In Windows, the SAM installation folder by default is C:\SAM\2015.1.30.
In OS X, in the Finder, hold down the control key while clicking the SAM icon, and click Show Package Contents, and then navigate to Contents > runtime > reports.
We will resolve this issue in the next version of SAM.
Best regards,

Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• schmidly
More
11 Feb 2015 00:36 #3060 by schmidly
Replied by schmidly on topic PV Report Generator Issue
Paul, there seems to be a problem with the Mac OS X (Yosemite) version of the report as well. When you run it, you get an error message that it cannot be opened even though the report does in fact save it to your hard drive and/or cloud storage service. It just won't open the report immediately/automatically after running the report. Can you see if this is a Yosemite issue or not? Thanks in advance, Brian S.

• Paul Gilman
  • Topic Author
More
16 Feb 2015 22:57 #3061 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic PV Report Generator Issue
Hi Brian,

When I run SAM's report generator on my Macbook Pro running Yosemite, it generates the report, asks me where to save it, and then displays it in Preview. I tried this saving the report PDF in both the Desktop and Documents folder with the same result.

Are you seeing something different?

Best regards,
Paul.

• schmidly
More
19 Feb 2015 20:55 #3062 by schmidly
Replied by schmidly on topic PV Report Generator Issue
Hi Paul, yes, when I run the report I get the following SAM Error message,"Failed to open URL "file:///....in dealt browser. (error 0: Undefined error: 0). The PDF saves to the destination folder, but it does not open automatically and gives me the aforementioned error message. Your thoughts? Thanks for testing...Brian S.

• Paul Gilman
  • Topic Author
More
23 Feb 2015 17:08 #3063 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic PV Report Generator Issue
Hi Brian,

This does not appear to be an issue with SAM running on OS X Yosemite. We are investigating this the problem, but it's not high on our prioritized list because it looks like the only problem is that SAM is not displaying the PDF automatically, but that you can open it outside of SAM. I will keep you posted.

Thanks,
Paul.

Moderators: Paul Gilman