How to get TMY3 data?

• shahab.karimi@bfef.biz
  • Topic Author
More
28 Apr 2016 18:11 #4350 by shahab.karimi@bfef.biz
How to get TMY3 data? was created by shahab.karimi@bfef.biz
Hello,

I am trying to get the tmy3 data from nsrdb to use for SAM. In their website (nsrdb.nrel.gov/api-instructions) they have explained how to get weather/solar data for a particular year but how can I get tmy3 data? What changes should I make to the following?

url = 'developer.nrel.gov/api/solar/nsrdb_0512_download.csv?wkt=POINT({lon}%20{lat})&names={year}&leap_day={leap}&interval={interval}&utc={utc}&full_name={name}&email={email}&affiliation={affiliation}&mailing_list={mailing_list}&reason={reason}&api_key={api}&attributes=attr'.format(year=year, lat=lat, lon=lon, leap=leap_year, interval=interval, utc=utc, name=your_name, email=your_email, mailing_list=mailing_list, affiliation=your_affiliation, reason=reason_for_use, api=api_key, attr=attributes)

Thanks very much!
Shahab

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
04 May 2016 16:00 #4351 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic How to get TMY3 data?
Dear Shahab,

To request a typical year file instead of a file for a specific year, use 'tmy' for the names parameter instead of a year.

Best regards,
Paul.

• Angus King
More
05 May 2016 02:42 #4352 by Angus King
Replied by Angus King on topic How to get TMY3 data?
Shahab

There is a slight error towards the end of the format string. 'attributes=attr' should be 'attributes={attr}' (curly braces are missing).

Kind regards
Angus

• ammar sakaji
More
15 May 2016 05:16 #4353 by ammar sakaji
Replied by ammar sakaji on topic How to get TMY3 data?
I am trying to get the solar weather data for Amman city to be used for SAM..i got error in the download weather file!!

• Paul Gilman
More
16 May 2016 16:06 #4354 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic How to get TMY3 data?
Dear Ammar Sakaji,
Your question seems to be about SAM rather than the SDK. SAM's weather file download feature downloads data from the NREL National Solar Radiation Database, which does not have data for locations in the Middle East. Please see the Weather Data page for more information about where to find weather data to use with SAM.
Best regards,

Paul.

• Angus King
More
17 May 2016 12:02 #4355 by Angus King
Replied by Angus King on topic How to get TMY3 data?
Ammar Sakaji

I've done some work with creating weather files for SAM using NASA MERRA data. Feel free to contact me directly if you're interested in following this up.

Kind regards

Angus

Moderators: Paul Gilman