Hybrid power plant

• Ismarrek
  • Topic Author
More
17 May 2023 20:54 #12151 by Ismarrek
Hybrid power plant was created by Ismarrek
Hello, is there a way to design a hybrid power plant, including wind and PV. If so, would I be able to connect that whole system to an energy storage unit or units? Or I will have to connect every system separately? 
Thanks for replies.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
17 May 2023 22:41 #12152 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic Hybrid power plant
Hi Robert,

SAM does not currently have a model for hybrid systems, but there are some workarounds that you can use to build a hybrid system model. You can search the forum using the Search box above for "hybrid" to find several topics on the subject: sam.nrel.gov/component/finder/search.html?q=hybrid.

We are working on a new basic PV - Wind - Battery Storage hybrid model for the Fall 2023 version of SAM, so stay tuned for that.

Best regards,
Paul.

• Ismarrek
  • Topic Author
More
18 May 2023 11:19 #12153 by Ismarrek
Replied by Ismarrek on topic Hybrid power plant
Thank you for your answer, Paul.

But could you help me with this macro setting? I can't seem to find Combine Cases buttons in Macros using your guide . I have a project with two models - Wind and PV, and in both of them I can't find the Combine Cases button. I'm using the newest version attaching printscreens of the macros window for both models.

I am excited for the implementation of hybrid model in SAM. :))

• pgilman
More
18 May 2023 15:42 #12157 by pgilman
Hi Robert,

As of SAM 2021.12.02, the Combine Cases macro is replaced by the Calculate generation profiles and nameplate capacity from open cases option on the Power Plant page for the Generic System model and Generic Battery model. See the SAM YouTube channel for a short tutorial .

Best regards,
Paul.

• Ismarrek
  • Topic Author
More
18 May 2023 19:15 #12158 by Ismarrek
Replied by Ismarrek on topic Hybrid power plant
Thank you, may I ask you one more question. Is there a way to work around 1 MPPT per inverter for multi inverter systems limitation? And is there a way to create more than 4 subarrays?

• pgilman
More
18 May 2023 22:15 #12160 by pgilman
Hi Robert,

No, it is not possible to model more than 4 subarrays in a single case, and for systems with more than one inverter, it is not possible to specify more than one MPPT input.

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: pgilman