Problems exporting graph data to excel

• sebastian
  • Topic Author
More
20 Aug 2012 13:03 #781 by sebastian
Problems exporting graph data to excel was created by sebastian
Hi,

I would appreciate if anyone could explain me why I am having such problem with SAM. I am exporting de graph data from SAM to an excel from two diferents outputs.

One is the net annual energy that is 1,3975e8 KWh and the others are the net monthly energy, which all exported and summed in excel gives me a total of 1,1851e8 KWh.

Isn´t it supposed to be the same?? I dont know why they arent the same.

Thanks a lot.

Best regards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
20 Aug 2012 20:31 #782 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Problems exporting graph data to excel
Can you tell me what kind of system you are modeling? Would you mind posting your SAM file (.zsam) as an attachment to a reply to this post so I can investigate?

Best regards,
Paul.

• sebastian
  • Topic Author
More
21 Aug 2012 15:26 #783 by sebastian
Replied by sebastian on topic Problems exporting graph data to excel
Hi Paul, i´m modeling a CSP Physcical through. Here is the attach with the.zsam file which I am having problems with.

I would also appreciate a lot if you could also explain me why if I put all the payment allocation factors of the 9 periods to value "1", when I run the simulation nothing changes compared to a simulation with same inputs but with the default payment allocations of the dispatch control from SAMs library.

Thanks a lot for your help, Paul

Best Regards.

• Paul Gilman
More
21 Aug 2012 16:59 #784 by Paul Gilman
Thank you for sending the file. I will start with your original question about the difference between the "Net Annual Energy" value reported in the metrics table, and the sum of the monthly "Net Electric Output" values shown in either the Data Tables or the Monthly Output graph. I will answer your question about energy payment allocation factors in a separate reply.

The two values differ by the availability factor that you specify on the Annual Performance page:

The net annual energy value is 139,749,903 kWh:

The monthly net energy values are:

The availability factor is 96%:

The sum of the monthly values is 145,572,700 kWh, and 96% of that value is 139,749,792 kWh, which is equal to the net annual energy value:

Best regards,
Paul.

• Paul Gilman
More
21 Aug 2012 17:18 #785 by Paul Gilman
Regarding the dispatch schedules, here is the Metrics table for your case with Solar Multiple = 2.5, and all payment allocation factors set to 1:

And, here are the results for the same case using the PG&E 2009 dispatch schedule:

Are you seeing different results?

Best regards,
Paul.

• sebastian
  • Topic Author
More
22 Aug 2012 07:54 #786 by sebastian
Replied by sebastian on topic Problems exporting graph data to excel
Thanks so much for your help Paul,

For the net annual energy the doubt is completely solve, and for the problems with the payment allocation factor I was expecting more substantial changes regarding the LCOE if all the factors were "1".

Best Regards.

Moderators: Paul Gilman