Multiple Subsystems Combined Simulation

• Paul Gilman
  • Topic Author
More
26 Sep 2016 17:44 - 18 May 2023 15:29 #4782 by Paul Gilman
Multiple Subsystems Combined Simulation was created by Paul Gilman
I wondered if it was possible to review simulated output from multiple subsystems in one view. I have a system with two models of inverter and created a file with two sub systems, one sub system for each inverter type. I would like to view the simulation results from the combined subsystems, is this possible?

If you use the "Combine Cases" macro, you can generate some of the key metrics for the combined system. To use the macro, click Macros at the bottom left of the SAM window, and then click Combine Cases in the list of macros and read the instructions for setting up the macro. For your example, you might set up three cases: One for each type of inverter, and a third using the "Generic System" for the financial parameters of the combined system. Let me know if you have trouble setting that up.

UPDATE: As of SAM 2021.12.02, the Combine Cases macro is replaced by the Calculate generation profiles and nameplate capacity from open cases option on the Power Plant page for the Generic System model and Generic Battery model. See the SAM YouTube channel for a short tutorial .

Best regards,
Paul.
Last edit: 18 May 2023 15:29 by Paul Gilman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Paul Gilman