We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

Singapore context

• cherieswee
  • Topic Author
More
01 Jul 2016 00:43 #4587 by cherieswee
Singapore context was created by cherieswee
Dear all,

This is very important to me. I was not able to find a weather data specifically for Singapore. What should I do? Am I still able to use SAM for the context of Singapore? Please help! Very much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
05 Jul 2016 22:04 #4588 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic Singapore context
Hello,
For information about where to find weather data to use with SAM, please see the Weather Data page on this website:
sam.nrel.gov/weather
Best regards,

Paul.

• ozsolarwind
More
11 Jul 2016 14:35 #4589 by ozsolarwind
Replied by ozsolarwind on topic Singapore context
Cherie

I sent you a message via the SAM Support Contact form regarding a possible source of weather data for Singapore

Kind regards

Angus

• ozsolarwind
More
14 Jul 2016 01:41 #4590 by ozsolarwind
Cherie
I'm a member of a not-for-profit group that have been working on an interactive tool, SIREN, for modelling deployment of renewable energy on an existing or planned electricity grid (see sourceforge.net/projects/sensiren/ ). SIREN uses SAM models to estimate renewable energy generation. Perhaps of more interest to you is that we create weather files from NASA (MERRA-2) satellite data making it applicable worldwide, including Singapore.
If you're interested in creating weather files for input to SAM I have packaged up a program for Windows that creates the weather files - see sen_makeweatherfiles - sourceforge.net/projects/sensiren/files/sen_makeweatherfiles.exe/download . This is a self-extracting zip file. Download the file and run it (possibly as Administrator) to extract the program and related files. The executable file is makeweatherfiles.exe. There is a help file, makeweatherfiles.html, that describes its usage plus how to get the NASA data. If you're not running Windows the extracted folder also includes the source program, makeweatherfiles.py. It's written in Python and is licenced under an open source licence (see COPYING.txt).
If you do decide to use the weather program I'd be interested in any feedback. Please be aware, the weather files are for each year (a single year) rather than a typical meteorological year (TMY) file.
Kind regards

Angus King

• ozsolarwind
More
20 Feb 2017 03:49 #4591 by ozsolarwind
Cherie and others

To simplify obtaining the NASA (MERRA-2) files there is a package that now includes a program, getmerra2.exe, that should help downloading these files. The package is sourceforge.net/projects/sensiren/files/sen_makeweather_getmerra2.exe/download

Kind regards

Angus

• m.nabil
More
10 Mar 2017 10:44 #4592 by m.nabil
Replied by m.nabil on topic Singapore context
Hi Angus,

Thank you for sharing this software with us. I was just wondering about the format of the "coordinates", I couldn't find a clear example in the "help".

Could you please show us the correct way of typing the coordinates?

Thanks
Nabil

Moderators: pgilman