We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

New CSP component to SAM that models a hybrid integrated solar combined-cycle (ISCC)

• luiscoco
  • Topic Author
More
04 May 2014 18:29 #2297 by luiscoco
According to Neises, T. NREL publication it was developed a new CSP component to SAM that models a
retrofit hybrid integrated solar combined-cycle (ISCC) system. In this model, power-cycle performance
data are connected with SAM’s molten-salt power-tower model.

Could you confirm me if this option is available to download in SAM from web page?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
05 May 2014 16:32 #2298 by pgilman
Hello,

The ISCC model is not available in SAM 2014.1.14, but we plan to include it in the next version of SAM, due for release late this fall.

Best regards,
Paul.

• luiscoco
  • Topic Author
More
05 May 2014 19:56 #2299 by luiscoco
Thank you very much for your help and NREL (USA) help.

Best Regards

• pmeagher
More
01 Aug 2015 19:23 #2300 by pmeagher
Has the ISCC model now been included?

• mnunez
More
21 Mar 2016 10:32 #2301 by mnunez
Good morning,
I'm trying to simulate a parabolic through solar field in a ISCC. But when I try the new model CSP Integrated Solar Combined Cycle, it's not possible to integrate with a Parabolic through.
Will it be possible soon? Is there any selection where I can chancge the technology?
Thanks in advance.

• pgilman
More
23 Mar 2016 23:34 #2302 by pgilman
Hello,

We do not have plans to make an ISCC model available for CSP technologies other than the power tower model.

For the next version of SAM, we do plan to add an option for thermal applications of CSP systems where the thermal output is not coupled to a power cycle, which will make it easier to use SAM's CSP models with external power cycle models.

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: pgilman