We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

Battery specs

• LuizPereira
  • Topic Author
More
09 Sep 2020 20:53 #8705 by LuizPereira
Battery specs was created by LuizPereira
Hi SAM team,

I'm projecting several PV+battery systems in order to compare AC- and DC-coupling (using Generic Battery Storage and Detailed PV-Battery models). I'm facing problems with the inputs for batteries. Generally, I can set the Chemistry, the Bank sizing, the dispatch options and power converters (once SAM simulates just the conversion efficiency), but to specify the lifetime, the voltage and the thermal models for the batteries, many datasheets or commercial specs don't bring the aforementioned information. Do you have any database with commercial information to help me? In the last webinar, it was pointed out that you are working in a battery database or something like that. Do you have a prevision for the releasing? 

Another question related now to DC-coupling: in the CEC database, how can I identify the hybrid inverters? Is there any hybrid inverters there or not?

I appreciate your answers,

Best wishes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
11 Sep 2020 23:42 #8713 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic Battery specs
Hi Luiz,

Unfortunately, there is not yet a good source of information on battery parameters. For SAM simulations, if you aren't sure of what value to use, you can go with the default. We are actively working on this issue, so as soon as data is available, we will update SAM to make use of it.

The inverter library does not indicate whether the inverter has inputs for both a PV array and battery, and SAM won't prevent you from using an inverter that is not designed to work with batteries in a PV Battery system.

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: pgilman