We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

Wind data resource (SRW File) in Egypt

• alaa_emad
  • Topic Author
More
04 Jul 2019 09:02 #7514 by alaa_emad
Wind data resource (SRW File) in Egypt was created by alaa_emad
I am currently working on an off-grid system in Cairo, Egypt and I am building a Hybrid wind/FC system and I urgently to model the wind power in Cairo international airport at an altitude of 50 meters hub height. I was asking if there is any way I could generate SRW file to be imported into SAMĀ  given that I have csv data of wind speeds in a time step of one hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
08 Jul 2019 15:00 #7521 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic Wind data resource (SRW File) in Egypt
Hello,

SAM's wind model requires hourly data for wind speed, wind direction, atmospheric pressure and ambient temperature measured at a height within 35 meters of the turbine hub height.

The SRW file format is a CSV format, so you can use a text editor, spreadsheet program, or write a script to create SRW files. Please see SAM's help system for a complete description of the format, under Weather Data, Weather File Formats, SRW Format for Wind.

You can download a PDF version of the complete Help system on the SAM website download page.

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: pgilman