We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

CSP simulation problem with weather data

• franmoraga
  • Topic Author
More
21 Apr 2021 02:17 #9485 by franmoraga
CSP simulation problem with weather data was created by franmoraga
Dear Paul,

I am simulating a CSP plant with tower technology in Chile. I use the page solar.minenergia.cl/inicio to download climate files compatible with SAM (attached an example). When I simulate PV technology there is no problem, but when I want to simulate a CSP plant it cannot calculate the generated power and they only give negative numbers, something that does not make sense. I'm sure the problem is with the weather file, because when I use a file that comes in the software, there is no problem. This problem has always been? or are you having a recent problem? Apparently the problem is only with concentration technologies.
Thank you very much in advance for your kind reply,

Francisco

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
22 Apr 2021 18:02 #9492 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic CSP simulation problem with weather data
Hi Francisco,

The "RH" and "Pres" columns in that file contain "NaN" instead of valid values. SAM's CSP models require data for relative humidity and atmospheric pressure.

See the SAM Help topic "Weather Data Elements" listed under "Weather Data" in the table of contents for a description of the weather data required by SAM's performance models.

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: pgilman