Field Design Mass Flow Rate

• Ayman Housni Mudallal
  • Ayman Housni Mudallal's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 Apr 2021 15:33 #9457 by Ayman Housni Mudallal
Field Design Mass Flow Rate was created by Ayman Housni Mudallal
Hello,

How can i solve the problem related to the mass flow rate in my CSP system as shown in the picture below?

Note that this problem only appears when i use Generic System to combine CSP system and PV system, it does not appear when i simulate for CSP system alone.

Best Regards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
14 Apr 2021 19:26 - 18 May 2023 15:38 #9463 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Field Design Mass Flow Rate
Hi Ayman,

I cannot think of a reason why you would get different results running the case by itself or from the Combine Systems macro.

UPDATE: As of SAM 2021.12.02, the Combine Cases macro is replaced by the Calculate generation profiles and nameplate capacity from open cases option on the Power Plant page for the Generic System model and Generic Battery model. See the SAM YouTube channel for a short tutorial .

Could you attach a copy of your .sam file so I can investigate?

Best regards,
Paul.
Last edit: 18 May 2023 15:38 by Paul Gilman.

• Ayman Housni Mudallal
  • Ayman Housni Mudallal's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 Apr 2021 22:36 #9467 by Ayman Housni Mudallal
Replied by Ayman Housni Mudallal on topic Field Design Mass Flow Rate
Hello,

Here i attached SAM file below.
Also, i tried many programs and websites to get hourly data instead of subhourly data. But all sent me only subhourly data. do you recommand a specific program or website for me to get those hourly data ?

Best Regards.

• Paul Gilman
More
15 Apr 2021 15:57 #9470 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Field Design Mass Flow Rate
Hi Ayman,

Thank you for sending the file. It does not contain a Generic System case, so I was not able to test it with the Combine Cases macro.

However, I did see the message about the mass flow rate for the "CSP 10" case. Because it is not a critical problem, SAM displays the message on the "Notices" tab of the results page but does not display it as a simulation message.

The message says that the calculated design mass flow rate is about 1.8 times greater than the value specified in the inputs. You could resolve this by changing the value of the maximum design mass flow rate on the Solar Field page from 12 kg/s to 22 kg/s. That may result in pipes with unrealistically large diameters, so you may need to adjust some other parameters. If the purpose of your analysis is to estimate the output of a trough plant and you are not concerned with design details, you could ignore the message.

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: Paul Gilman