We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

Issues with "Electricity to battery from System" and "Electricity to/from grid "

• vinoth77
  • Topic Author
More
27 Dec 2020 06:17 #9138 by vinoth77
Hi There,
I had simulated a Detailed PV Battery Behind the metersystem.
The dispatch algorithm was set to be manual for 4 hours inthe night.
The rest of the hours was set to charging. The charging & discharging from the grid is disabled.
As pert the dispatch algorithm, the battery dischargescorrectly.

However, for charging, I do understand that the default algorithm supports the load first and the excess
is used to charge the battery.

a)     However, the simulation numbers show that the excess after the load is completely exported to the grid. (The battery charging
power is not subtracted in the excess to the grid).

PGrid = PSolar – Pload and not  PGrid = PSolar – Pload -Pbatt
 (Attached excel: Cell 34)

b)    The battery is also being charged even if the excess after load is not enough to charge the battery. 
Numbers reflect that the battery is charged to the maximum Charging power even if ( PSolar – Pload < PMax Charging Power) (Attached excel: Cell 35)

Hence the “Electricity to battery from system” and the “Electricityto/from grid” doesn’t reflect the correct numbers.

Would appreciate if someone can comment and help me on this.

File Attachment:

File Name: 20201226_S...7-3.xlsx
File Size:3,154 KB

Thanks.
Vinoth 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
09 Apr 2021 21:00 - 09 Apr 2021 21:00 #9442 by pgilman
Hi Vinoth,

Sorry about not responding to this. Somehow this post slipped away from me.

Could you attach or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. a copy of the file that generated these results?

Best regards,
Paul.
Last edit: 09 Apr 2021 21:00 by pgilman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: pgilman