We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

High Pressure Water Properties into SAM

• Allan54
  • Topic Author
More
13 Mar 2018 01:58 #6134 by Allan54
I'm running the Process Heat Parabolic Trough simulation. I get a warning when entering water outlet temperatures above 300C which they can be if a very high pressure system is being simulated. Pressure can be up to 11MPa. Is the warning real? Is there a database I can input for higher pressures and temperatures. Any help is appreciated. Thanks (newbie to SAM)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
13 Mar 2018 21:02 #6135 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic High Pressure Water Properties into SAM
Dear Allan,

In case you haven't seen it, the following video introducing the IPH trough model might be helpful:

sam.nrel.gov/node/74797

In general, when you change design parameters like the loop HTF temperatures, you may need to adjust other parameters accordingly. You can explore the outputs to see if the operating temperatures and pressures are what you expect, and then make adjustments to inputs.

If you need more help, please tell me what specific error you are seeing, and if possible attach your .sam file (edit your original post above) so I can better understand what you are describing.

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: pgilman