We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

Hourly performance of my power cycle (sCO2 cycle)

• alsagria1
  • Topic Author
More
06 Mar 2018 14:17 #6097 by alsagria1
Good morning.

I am modeling a solar power tower system to run a sCO2 cycle.

I would like to see how these temperatures (HTF outlet from the receiver) impact the hourly performance of my sco2 cycle?

I used two tank storage.

I attached an example of the (PC electrical power output: gross MWe, TES discharge thermal power MWt, and TES charge thermal power MWt)

My concern is that: at the time between 12 am to 7 am the PC output is ZERO! It should not be covered by the storage?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
07 Mar 2018 00:18 #6098 by pgilman
Hello,

The dispatch parameters and schedule on the Thermal Storage input page determine when the TES is discharged. Be sure to set those parameters for the dispatch schedule you want to model.

Best regards,
Paul.

• alsagria1
  • Topic Author
More
07 Mar 2018 01:04 #6099 by alsagria1
Thanks, Paul. In the thermal storage input page, there is no info about discharge and charge TES! I am using the newest version.

• pgilman
More
07 Mar 2018 18:18 #6100 by pgilman
Hello,

For the Molten Salt Power Tower model, the TES dispatch schedule and parameters are on the System Control input page.

Also an important note: SAM 2017.9.5 Revision 3 does not include the sCO2 option for the Molten Salt Power Tower model's power cycle. We will fix that soon, but in the meantime, if you are modeling sCO2, do not update SAM to Revision 3. If you already updated SAM, you can install SAM 2017.9.5 Revision 2 from the links below:

SAM 2017.9.5 Revision 2 for Windows

SAM 2017.9.5 Revision 2 for macOS

SAM 2017.9.5 Revision 2 for Linux

You can install more than one version of SAM on your computer by using different folder names for the installation.

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: pgilman