We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

SAM Crashes Using Downloaded .srw Files

• Erik_H
  • Topic Author
More
28 Feb 2018 05:17 #6076 by Erik_H
Hello,

I am in a renewable energy systems course at the University of Wisconsin and many, possibly all, of my classmates and I are having this same issue. Our assignment asked us to download 2012 NREL WIND toolkit data for a specific zip code (53597) and the data successfully saves to the computer. The file directory looks good and everything. However, once you hit "Simulate," SAM immediately crashes. This is an issue affecting both Macs and PCs.

I have attached my .sam file in case it helps troubleshoot this issue. Thanks for your help!

Best,

Erik

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
28 Feb 2018 18:32 #6077 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic SAM Crashes Using Downloaded .srw Files
Hi Erik,
That seems to be a bug in SAM 2017.9.5. We are investigating and will fix that.
As a workaround solution, please use the legacy version SAM 2017.1.7. I am providing the links below to save you the trouble of having to log on to the website to see the list of Legacy versions on the Download page:
SAM 2017.1.17 for Windows
SAM 2017.1.17 for Mac
SAM 2017.1.17 for Linux
Thank you for pointing out this issue, and please let me know if you have any other questions. Good luck with your assignment!
Best regards,

Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: pgilman