We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

Simulation HCPV

• Princess_Zaynab
  • Topic Author
More
23 Feb 2018 16:33 #6067 by Princess_Zaynab
Simulation HCPV was created by Princess_Zaynab
Hello Paul,

I am writing because I have got some questions about the simulation of HCPV.
In the array inputs, I have two inputs that are :

Land area => Packing factor
I don't know what to put in this part, because in the data sheet, they say
Modules per 20'/40' container: 7x/14x

Shading derate
Can you explain me the different elements of this part please?

Thanks in advance !
Zaynab

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
26 Feb 2018 17:49 #6068 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic Simulation HCPV
Dear Zaynab,

The packing factor input is only used to calculate the land cost on the System Costs page. It only affects the cost calculation. It has no effect on the calculation of the system's electricity output. It also only affects the cost calculation if you specify a land cost in $/acre on the System Costs page. The value of the packing factor depends on how far apart the modules are on the ground, and how much extra land you need for buildings or other facilities. You should choose a value that results in the total land area you plan to use for the project. If you are not considering costs for your analysis, you can ignore that input.

Please see the explanation of shading derate in the Help system. You can find that description by clicking the "Help" button at the top right of the SAM window, or pressing the F1 key (control-? on a Mac). The shading derate explanation is at the bottom of the page for the "Array" Help topic.

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: pgilman