SAM Beta 2020.1.6 is available for testing! This version introduces several new models and features in addition to enhancements to existing models:
- New marine energy tidal and wave performance models.
- New fuel cell performance model.
- New merchant plant financial model.
- New critical load and resiliency metrics for Residential and Commercial financial models.
- Update PVWatts from Version 5 to Version 7 with new module parameter values, optional snow model and other updates.
- New battery sizing and dispatch optimization option based on NREL's ReOpt Lite.
- New models for grid interconnection limits and curtailment.
For a complete list of features, see the release notes.
Important Notes About the Beta Version!
- Once you save a .sam file with the Beta version, you will not be able to open it with SAM 2018.11.11. If you open an existing .sam file with the Beta version, use File, Save As to save a copy of the file for testing.
- The Beta verison of SAM expires in one year. When you are finished testing, please remove it from your computer.
- Some features in the Beta version may not work properly or may cause SAM to crash.
- Help may be incomplete for some new features.
Beta test instructions:
- Download the installation file for your computer from the links above.
- Install the Beta version on your computer. You should install it side-by-side with the SAM 2018.11.11 so you can continue using the current version. For installation instructions, see the SAM Download page.